Friday, February 29, 2008

Generous Unload of Groceries

I went to my friend's place after she successfully received an undamaged computer screen as replacement for a defective one after an unacceptably extensive amount of time. A detailed review of her experience and the stores involved will be posted on my Great Finds and Not So Great Finds blog. Returning to my point, my friend's mother gave me an overly generous portion of groceries. It worked out great for both of us. After I asked her for the recipe of a delicious shrimp and melon dish, she offered me other foods that she thought I'd like and foods her family didn't normally touch. She was relieved and grateful that someone was interested in the food, knowing that it will no longer meet its uneaten, decaying fate. And I'm ecstatic by the amount of money I've saved and abundant food. She was selective in what she gave me to ensure that it didn't take anything away from her family, so it worked out well for both of us. Steamed pork buns, edamame beans, Chinese candy, Monterey Jack cheese, and a sweet, dessert ingredient used in scrambled eggs are my favorites.

No comments: