Sunday, September 16, 2007

One-Pan Chicken


This is one of the easiest recipes I've come across. In a single ovenproof pan, you add all of your vegetables and chicken. I recommend using a traditional cast iron skillet. It's a great way to maintain its seasoning properties, and I think this recipe just looks attractive with it. I ate mine with rice, but you can also have it with dinner rolls. All you do is simply chop up your vegetables of choice, which is the only labor in this recipe. I added carrots, zucchinis, and potatoes, but you can add whatever you want. Baby tomatoes are a wonderful addition I've put in before. They become juicy and flavor the other vegetables. Liberally coat everything with extra-virgin olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. The oven does the rest. I know this is a really brief, border lining unhelpful guide, but it's just that simple. It's a Nigella recipe. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 45 minutes. That's it. I promise.

Tips: Don't use unevenly shaped vegetables such as broccolis or cauliflowers because they cook unevenly and burn quickly. If you do use vegetables like these, place the chicken on top to prevent burning and keeping the vegetables moist. I can't guarantee any promising results, though.

No comments: