Thursday, July 12, 2007

Foods I Love

I can't realistically list every food I love. Well, I can...but I'm not going to. Surprisingly enough, I'm not obese. I'm actually underweight. I've been tested and discovered that I have imbalanced hormones that break down food at an unusually fast rate, so I'm constantly starved. That certainly explains my weight, but I don't want to use that as an excuse to divulge in excessive consumptions. Nonetheless, I have my favorites.

1) My friend, Rickey's, awesome PECAN PIES because dessert always comes first.
2) Superior quality, melt in your mouth, fresh, just fished out SUSHI
3) SALSA VERDE done right @ TACO TRUCK TACOS in SF. I can't explain it, but you haven't lived until you've had taco truck tacos. And not just any tacos off a truck. It has to be THE taco truck tacos.
4) Braised FROG LEGS - yummy, juicy, flavorful, and way better tasting than chicken
5) Dim Sum - a selection of fresh Chinese food enjoyed with friends. What's not to love?
6) Drunken CRAB at Crustacean marinated and cooked in a garlic-intensified white wine infusion
7) GARLIC - in any shape, size, or variety, raw, cooked, roasted, pickled. You name it. I love it.
8) Katie's Papaya Salad - Bomb ass Thai food! From a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the spiciest, her food ranks 20-25, but she lowers it to a 15 for me. It's insanely spicy and has me crying like a little bitch, but I can't stop. You can actually taste all of the flavor dimensions.
9) A Juicy, Rare Steak - plump and abundant

I added other favorites but ultimately deleted them, as I won't know when to draw the line. So here's a shorter version: Chinese sausages, duck tongue, fried chicken, Chicken makhni, kim chi, garlic noodles, uni (sea urchin), oysters on a bed of salt, mochi, chocolate, white peaches, nectarines, persimmons, Heirloom tomatoes, cucumbers, and guacamole to name a few.

No comments: